A workflow provides a set of states. The workflow begins in a start state and ends when it reaches the end state.
To add a new state drag add state button on the workflow designer:
Add state button
Workflow state in workflow designer
Workflow state configuration:
- Options tab - click to go to configuration state or an action.
- Name - The name of the state that will be displayed when you go to the state.
- Task message - Information displayed in the header of app task on editor's workboard.
- End state - Allows to mark a state as the final state. When a document is in that state, an app task on user's workboard is automatically archived.
- Editor - When an app is in a state with many editors, they all see app task on their workboards. If you set option 'Single', the first person who opens an app document becomes the only editor. Other users can open that document in a read-only mode. An option 'Multiple' enables many editors to simultaneously edit an app document. Changes made by the first user who performs workflow action will be saved.
- Add Action on enter - the action will be performed at entry to a defined state.
- Choose action - allows you to select and configure a specific action to be performed.
- Add action on leave - action will be executed after leaving the state.
- Remove the added action- to delete a previously added action.
See Workflow ActionStep article to learn more about actions.