Creating and updating packages allows you to manage created by you objects on the Qalcwise marketplace. It provides you with new opportunity to share applications, lists and data tables with other Qalcwise users. To start managing packages go to the designer object repository:
then click the button leading to package creation tool:
you will be taken to the package wizard screen. The wizard enables the creation and update packages.
To start or modyfing packages:
1. Choose depending on the needs, an option to create or update a package. By default, the selected option is to create a package.
2. Select the object you want to add to the package. Related to the other packages will be automatically proposed to be added. Make sure that the added packages are correct, and then add them with the green button. Note - objects with missing definitions may not be published. If the added definitions are invalid, modify the application before you publish the package.
Lists and data tables have additional configuration options:
- overwrite data, the definition becomes unmodifiable, and subsequent updates cause overwriting previous data
- needs configuration, definition after buying a package will appear in the tool to configure packages
- data, determine whether the data should be copied along with the package, or to receive a label of test data (visible only before buying a package in the preview)
3. Complete package pricing:
- If you do not enter any price - the package will be free, available to all users with the product Build Your Own Apps.
- Plans Users50 - Users2000 relate to pricing dependent on the number of users who will benefit from the package. For example, Users500 allows to use the package by 500 users. These packages are paid in the form of monthly or annual subscription.
- Plan OneOff allows you to enter the price at which the package can be purchased at one time - without taking out a subscription.
4. Add the version number of the created package and complete the package with additional media available to the user.
5. After completing the package configuration, you only click publishing package and wait until it is approved at the marketplace.
Congratulations, your package has been published!